March 25, 2009

Joe Buissink Workshop


A few days ago I got an email from one of the Top 10 Wedding Photographers in the World; Joe Buissink.

Joe has photographed weddings all over the world, and has been a favorite wedding photographer among celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Simpson & Nick Lachey, Brendan Fraser, Kelsey Grammer, Hillary Swank & Chad Lowe, Christina Applegate, Jenny Garth & Peter Facinelli, and Christina Aguilera.

He has been profiled by Good Morning America, Entertainment Tonight, Extra, Lifetime Television’s Wedding of a Lifetime, and E!. His work is published regularly in InStyle Weddings, Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, and People Magazine.

So...to say that I would LOVE to study with such a legend would be an understatement. What I didn't know was that he was emailing me to let me know that his new workshop in June was going to be in Kelowna! I nearly fell off my chair and immediately, with the encouragement of my great husband, booked a spot in his class. Not only will I be learning from Joe for two days, but he will also be critiquing my work as we do a photo shoot with his guidance. Although nervous to have him looking at my work, I am excited for what I will learn and how this will elevate my work to an even greater art form. Look back in June for posted images from that workshop.

No comments: